The SMC SIF-400 is the most capable, state-of-the-art Industry 4.0 training platform on the market today. It is a modular, advanced manufacturing Smart Factory that does more than just simulate industrial processes – it recreates a highly advanced Cyber Physical System in your very classroom.
Comprised of up to 14 modular plug+play stations, the system carries out a complete industrial process where users place custom orders, and the automated system completes various tasks such as production, boxing, palletizing, wrapping, storing, dispatching, and recycling, all while generating, storing, tracking, and analyzing data in a robust MES software.
– Industry 4.o Fundamentals and Processes
– Industrial Communications and Protocols
– Industry 4.o and Cyber Physical System Design, Layouts, and Contextual Organization/Structure
– Management Execution Software (SIFMES-400): Inventory Flow, Creating Orders, Managing Orders, Supply Chain Monitoring, Quality Control, etc
– Data Analytics
– PLC Programming and Engineering
– Industrial Robotics and Collaborative Robots
– Mobile Robotics and AGVs
– Identification Systems (RFID, NFC, QR, etc)
– Smart Sensors and IO-Link
– Custom API Creation
– Cyber Security
– Data Analytics and Machine Learning
Stages 1 + 2: Assembly and Production Process
The assembly process comprises 6 nonsequential stations, where the containers are filled with solid and liquid materials, covered, labelled and stored. Additionally, the customized product feeding station, SIF-404 allows the filling of containers with materials produced in processes external to the factory, such as: 3D printing, milling, turning, and much more.
Stage 3: Logistics
The logistics block consists of 6 stations, including the recycling and raw materials stations.The containers are placed in secondary packs that, sequentially, are transferred to the palletizing station, after which the pallets are labelled for shipment.
Stage 4: Inter-Station Assistant
An autonomous vehicle or mobile robot carries out the internal transport of materials at the request of the user.
SIFMES-400: Management Executive System Software
The MES software allows the user to control and manage the SIF-400 system, storing and monitoring all process data. It is structured in four blocks:
1. Management: manages resources, plans and triggers orders into the system.
2. Movement: defines the physical layout of the system, logic and traceability of the system.
3. Supervision: monitors alarms and the status of each station
4. Administration: management of users, the database, and disturbances
A variety of users can log in with different functions available to them:
– Production Supervisor
– Plant Operator
– Quality Supervisor
– Maintenance Supervisor
– Logistics Supervisor
After logging in, the user has certain permissions depending on the assigned role; several people can work simultaneously with the same role.
The SIF-400 is the Pinnacle of Industry 4.0 Training – capable of teaching fundamental, required i4o skills such as the physical hardware that makes up Industry 4.0, to programming, controls, data analytics, communication, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cybersecurity, and enterprise systems.
- Operation, Programming and Maintenance
- Mechatronics and Integrated Systems
- Smart Sensors and Smart Devices – IO Link, Protocols, and more
- Automation Systems and Robotics
- Enterprise Systems, Data Monitoring, and Data Analytics
- Network Communications and Security
- Data Acquisition via the cloud
- Collaborative and Industrial Robot Installation, Integration, Programming and Operation
- Mobile Robotics Mapping, Integration, and Safety