SMC’s low cost, tabletop 3 Phase Separator training system delivers a wide range of basic and advanced technologies, fully integrated with Dynamic System Control software.
TPS 200 is a Desktop Three Phase Separator that utilizes standard industrial hardware, non-toxic oil and a PC-based DCS style control interface.
TPS-200 system allows the user to explore more about the fundamentals of three phase separation. The oil, gas, water separation basics can be learned with this system:
- Physical layout (visual and practical)
- Flow vs. residence time (visual and theoretical)
- Flow vs. compositions (visual and using sim model)
- Pressure vs. flow/gas rates (visual and theoretical).
- Pressure vs. compositions (using sim model).
- Temperature vs. compositions (using sim model).
With the new TPS-200 system the user will be able to work and develop different skills using the following control systems:
- Transmitters (pressure, flow, level and interface level).
- Level Control (several sensor types, PID tuning and variable cascade control).
- Pressure control (PID tuning and several sensor types).
- Flow control (fluid flow control, ratio flow control and direct flow control).
- PLC system (PLC ladder may be viewed and limit switches).
- Safety Systems (ESD and cause and effect)
Separation Basics include:
- Physical layout – visual and practical
- Flow vs. Residence Time – visual and theoretical
- Flow vs Composites – using sim model (multiple); visual (2 component)
- Pressure vs Flow/Gas Rates – visual and theoretical
- Press vs Composites – using sim model (multiples)
- Temp vs Compositions – using sim model (multiple)
DCS System includes:
- Introduction to Graphics Style
- Line color / pipe color
- Line following
- Several Control Type Examples
- Measurement Unit Conversion
- Trend Displays
- Action Replays
- Pre-Prepared Sequencing
Simulation Model includes:
- Separation Fundamentals
- Multiple Component
- DCS Introduction
- Practice the Procedures
- Practice the Measurements
- Effect of Temperature
- Tune the Controllers
- Safety Systems
Control System includes:
- Level Control
- Pressure Control
- Flow Control
- PLC System
- Safety System