Renewable Energy Monitor – product overview
The Renewable Energy Monitor is an educational evaluation monitoring device with PC measurement software for graphical display of performance characteristics on its own 2 line LCD screen or your Windows computer. It has a 2 line LCD screen for viewing measurements that you cycle through just by pushing a button.
The Renewable Energy Monitor is battery operated and comes with a USB port so it can also be used with or without a computer – indoors or outdoors – where you can make direct solar and wind measurements.
Horizon developed the Renewable Energy Monitor to allow you to avoid using the multimeters confusing setup and cumbersome computations in order to provide an immediate, graphical way for recording data directly with no formulas and nothing to calculate. Numerous experiments and evaluation activities for hydrogen fuel cells, miniature wind turbine kits, and solar panels are now quantifiable in real time for voltage, current, power, joules, resistance, and even wind turbine RPM speed – all viewable and recordable at the same time!
The Renewable Energy Monitor is fully compatible with any of Horizon’s educational kits.
Using this ADD-ON you can:
- Compare voltage, current, resistance and RPM
- Use in place of voltmeter, ammeter or multimeter for all your electro-chemical experiments
- Compatible with any of Horizon’s science education kits
- Compatible with Windows OS, and Mac using Windows Parallel or Boot Camp
- Use indoor or outdoor, with or without a computer!
- Export all data to Excel or CSV format
- Record a video of your experiments for playback and review