- Clear cutaways allow clear student visualization of hybrid drive train components.
- Students can observe the eight basic operational modes of a typical hybrid drive train.
- Completely safe. No high voltages normally associated with hybrids are used.
- Clear protective plexiglass enclosure for all rotating components.
- Intuitive control panel/dashboard showing power flow, component speed, and direction of rotation.
- Three individual motors for ICE, MG1 and MG2.
- Allows students to observe the continually variable ratio function using a simple planetary gear set (power split device) and varying input speeds.
- 2010-2015 Toyota Prius
- 1.8L 2ZR-FXE 4 cylinder with VVT-i Atkinson cycle with Hybrid Synergy Drive
Standard Equipment and Features
- OEM components, wiring, connectors and wire colors
- 120 VAC 60 Hz Power Supply with master ON/OFF switch used to power the EC-140H Hybrid trainer. Includes 1.5A protection fuse
- Mobile stand constructed of 2” (5cm2) tubular steel equipped with four 5” (12.7cm) phenol casters (2-fixed and 2-swivel w/locks)
- Control panel
- Driving modes including:
– Engine start
– Low speed and low acceleration (stealth)
– Normal drive (cruise)
– High speed and full-throttle acceleration
– High speed energy recirculation
– Regenerative braking
- Drive train information section including a battery charging lamp, a MG2 regeneration lamp, a steady state lamp, a MG1 regeneration lamp, an engine cold temperature lamp, a battery voltage display, a MG2 RPM display, a vehicle speed display, a MG1 RPM display, an engine RPM display, two opposite rotation LED indicators, two system main relay control LED indicators and a drive train schematic diagram
- Accelerator pedal
- Brake pedal
- Emergency panic disconnect button
- HV battery pack